- In our maiden post, we would like to talk about ‘comfort’. Have you ever thought what comfort is all about? Well as Cambridge Dictionary puts it, comfort is “a pleasant feeling of being relaxed and free from pain”. It is that state when you are at ease and complete peace with yourself – in mind, body, and soul. It is the ultimate state of bliss when you can enjoy being who you are without having to worry about anything else. It is like accepting the way you look, being comfortable with your body (with your body weight, of course 😉 ), having a high self esteem irrespective of what you are in life.
- When you’re comfortable with yourself, you do not actually compare with others and that’s exactly when you experience pure happiness. ‘Coz comparisons lead to complexity. It is when we compare ourselves with others; we become the most unhappy, the most remorseful. Hence, the key to being comfortable is being happy with your real self. Once you’re happy with yourself, you’ll not require anyone else to make you feel good or bad.
Here’s how you can make yourself comfortable and live happily:
- Pamper yourself – The best thing to stay comfortable is pamper yourself. Eat right, sleep well, drink lots of water, eat healthy, do some yoga, exercise, go for a jog, enjoy with friends. Do everything that makes you happy. There’s no better way to make yourself happy and comfortable than pampering yourself. It’s your life, live your way!
- Accept your flaws – There’s a popular saying that “No one’s perfect”. We all have some or the other flaw. This is how Nature has made us and we can’t really do anything do about it rather than accepting the way it is. In order to be happy, it is important that we love ourselves and be happy with what the Nature has bestowed us. Everyone is unique and this is how life goes on.
- Dress well – Dressing well is not only about good manners; it’s also how you present yourself to the society. It boosts your mind and makes you feel happy about yourself. But, the dress you choose has a big bearing upon how you feel. If the dress is uncomfortable, you wouldn’t feel anything better than grumpy. Choose comfortable clothing (including comfortable inner wear) and see what wonders it does to your mind and body!
- Take time out – Life is a routine. We keep on doing the same thing over and over again, as its part of our routine, which becomes monotonous and boring at times. In order to make life exciting and keep the fire alive, it’s important we take a time out and enjoy with our loved ones. It’s like rekindling the fire and putting it ablaze once more. Hit the pause button and take some time out for yourself, you’ll find how much you’re missing amidst the routine of your daily life.
These are some of the tried and tested steps to lead a happy and comfortable life. So, what do you think, would you try it?